Unplanned outage: Medford hub, 2019-08-18 02:09

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Sun Aug 18 02:35:26 PDT 2019

On Sun, 2019-08-18 at 02:25:51 -0700, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> Both backbone circuits that provide connectivity to the NERO hub in
> Medford are currently down.  We are working with circuit provider to
> restore service.  Impacted customers include Southern Oregon University,
> Southern Oregon ESD, OIMB, and OSU Extension offices in Central Point and
> Grants Pass.

One of the backbone circuits is back up and traffic is restored to
impacted customers.  The second backbone circuit is still down and there
is no ETR at this time.  Our understanding is there is fiber maintenance
occurring in or near Medford that may be related to the outage.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net
phone: 541.346.6376

Regards,

Link Oregon / Network for Education and Research in Oregon