Planned Maintenance: Optical network expansion, Sep 2-4 2015, 00:00-07:00

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Fri Sep 4 05:26:34 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-08-24 at 10:26:52 -0700, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> NERO will perform maintenance to expand its optical network three
> consecutive nights, Wednesday September 2, Thursday September 3, and
> Friday September 4, between 00:00 and 07:00.  During the maintenance
> windows, there will be brief disruptions to customer traffic.  For most
> customers, traffic will shift to alternate paths.  For customers with
> optical circuits, there will be occasional disruptions that last a few
> minutes during the maintenance windows.  We will stage the work so as to
> minimize impact as much as possible.

This maintenance is complete.  Due to technical issues that arose during
the upgrade, the disruptions to customer traffic were longer than
originally anticipated.  We have since verified all circuits are up and
running.  We do not expect any further disruption to traffic as a result
of this work.  Thank you for your patience.