Unplanned outage: DDoS to Eugene hub customer, 2015-07-01 01:50 - ongoing

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Wed Jul 1 03:18:01 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-07-01 at 02:56:45 -0700, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> A large DDoS is presently being directed against a customer in Eugene
> that is also impacting customer traffic on NERO's transit path to the
> south.  We are pushing a blackhole upstream so as to mitigate the DDoS
> on our south transit path and customer traffic in the Eugene hub.

The blackhole to mitigate the attack has been pushed upstream and we are
seeing traffic levels restored to normal levels.  We will work with the
targeted customer in further investigation of the DDoS.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net

Stephen Fromm                                       E: stephenf at nero.net
Network for Education and Research in Oregon        O: 541-346-1712