Unplanned outage: DDoS attack impacted Hermiston and Pendleton customers, 2015-04-13 10:11-10:16

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Mon Apr 13 12:11:22 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-13 at 10:34:46 -0700, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> NERO experienced a DDoS attack that targeted customers attached to the
> Hermiston and Pendleton hubs.  The attack was between 10:11 and 10:16
> and exceeded 300kpps.  We are monitoring the situation and working with
> the customer targeted in the attack.  We will take necessary actions to
> mitigate impact on customers in the event the attack resumes.

The attack shifted to another destination.  NERO has taken actions to
mitigate this attack so as to limit impact to other customers in the
region.  We will continue to monitor and take actions as necessary.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541.346.6376

University of Oregon