Unplanned outage: Medford hub outage, 2014-08-27 15:05-15:08, 15:38-15:41

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Wed Aug 27 15:47:28 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-27 at 15:16 -0700, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> There was an interruption of service on the backbone circuit to the
> Medford hub between 15:05 and 15:08 today.  NERO is currently
> investigating and working with the backbone circuit provider.  Impacted
> customers include all those who connect to the NERO Medford hub.  This
> includes:  SOU, SOESD, SOPTV, and OSU Extension offices in Grants Pass
> and Central Point.  Connectivity to the Medford hub is restored.

The backbone circuit bounced again.  It was down between 15:38 and
15:41.  The circuit provider is investigating but has no concrete
information to provide.  At this time, we do not know whether to expect
further outages.  We will advise further when additional information is
available.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have any questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541.346.6376

University of Oregon