Unplanned outage: Eugene Hub Power outage, 9/15/2011, 0429-0440

David Crowe, Jr. crowed at nero.net
Thu Sep 15 23:25:39 PDT 2011

Update:  All power is stable as of early this morning in the University
of Oregon Switchroom which houses the NERO Eugene Hub (among many other
communication and data services).

The work this morning was not intended to be service affecting.  The
work involved finishing the installation of an EPO isolation panel and,
unfortunately, it exposed a problem when an isolated circuit was brought
back into the EPO system.

The system is stable now and staff is confident no additional issues
will occur while they investigate and trace the source.  Additional work
will most likely be necessary to resolve the issue and we will plan and
notify appropriately at that time.

Our sincere apologies for any inconveniences this outage caused.

David

David Crowe, Jr.                        Email:      crowed at nero.net
Director, NERO Network                  Phone:      541.346.1698
UO Computing Center                     FAX:        541.346.4397
1225 Kincaid
Eugene, OR 97401                        GPG Key ID: 9DEDD126

Fingerprint: 4860 7B9E D68F E95F 49CC  D074 CE8F 9483 9DED D126