NERO Alert: Level3 routing issues in San Jose 12/15/2011

David Crowe, Jr. crowed at nero.net
Thu Dec 15 16:55:14 PST 2011

Level3 isolated the problem to a peering interconnection with Savvis in
San Jose and have taken this particular connection down while they work
with Savvis to resolve it.  It appears they did this sometime before
1445 today and traffic to the reported sites has been successful since
then via other peering interconnects.

Level3 reports they will bring this connection back up during a
maintenance window overnight between 0000 and 0600 PST if the problem is
resolved.

We will check for issues in the morning to confirm.  Please do let us
know if anyone sees a return of the problem and we'll re-work the
problem with Level3.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact the NERO NOC at:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541.346.6376

Thanks,

David

David Crowe, Jr.                        Email:      crowed at nero.net
Director, NERO Network                  Phone:      541.346.1698
UO Computing Center                     FAX:        541.346.4397
1225 Kincaid
Eugene, OR 97401                        GPG Key ID: 9DEDD126

Fingerprint: 4860 7B9E D68F E95F 49CC  D074 CE8F 9483 9DED D126