Unplanned outage: Klamath Falls customers and backbone link, 8/31/2010, 11:37 to now

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Tue Aug 31 17:04:32 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 13:20 -0700, Josh Ward wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> NERO just received an update from Hunter on the status of the outage.
> They believe that the fibre in question has either been crushed or
> nicked.  They are still working to pinpoint the exact location of the
> damage.
>
> They indicated that service would likely be interrupted until this evening.
>
> We will follow up with any additional information that we receive.

Hunter has identified the damaged fiber and will shorty begin splice
work to effect the repair.  ETR is presently 22:30.  Customers not
presently affected by the outage may experience downtime as the splice
work progresses.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have any questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541-346-6376

University of Oregon