Unplanned outage: Bend Hub backbone connection outage, 1/5/2008, 1016-1025

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Thu Jan 8 11:11:07 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 16:44 -0800, Stephen Fromm wrote:

> The vendor reported performing work near fiber that serves NERO's
> backbone circuit to Bend that resulted in a loss of connectivity.  As a
> consequence of the outage, NERO is working with the vendor to schedule a
> maintenance window to resolve any remaining issues.  We will follow up
> when we have confirmed when that work will happen.

Vendor has scheduled maintenance for Monday January 12, between 0530 and
0600.  They expect maintenance to last no longer than 5 minutes.  This
will affect connectivity for all customers in Bend, including COCC, High
Desert ESD, and others.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have any questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541-346-6376

--
Stephen Fromm                                    stephenf <at> nero.net
Network for Education and Research in Oregon       University of Oregon