Unplanned outage: Bend Hub backbone connection outage, 1/5/2008, 1016-1025

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Mon Jan 5 16:44:07 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 10:30 -0800, David Crowe, Jr. wrote:
> NERO experienced an unplanned outage in the Bend Hub this morning,
> 1/5/2008, between 1016 and 1025.  The backbone circuit serving the Bend
> Hub went down and back up again during that time.  The circuit is
> currently up and is passing traffic normally.  The vendor has been
> contacted and is currently investigating and we will be following up
> when we hear an update.

The vendor reported performing work near fiber that serves NERO's
backbone circuit to Bend that resulted in a loss of connectivity.  As a
consequence of the outage, NERO is working with the vendor to schedule a
maintenance window to resolve any remaining issues.  We will follow up
when we have confirmed when that work will happen.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have any questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541-346-6376

--
Stephen Fromm                                    stephenf <at> nero.net
Network for Education and Research in Oregon       University of Oregon