Service affecting DDoS attack, 12/14/2009, 1715-2215

David Crowe, Jr. crowed at nero.net
Tue Dec 15 08:34:45 PST 2009

Last evening a NERO customer was the target of an aggressive and
persistent DDoS attack at various times between 1715 and 2215.  NERO
operations mitigated the attack as much as possible after identifying as
many of the sources of traffic as possible and working with our upstream
ISPs to filter and block.

Unfortunately, this attack did affect other customers.  We are
continuing to monitor the issue and will adjust filters and blocks as
necessary.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact the NERO NOC at:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541.346.6376

Thanks,

David Crowe, Jr.                        Email:      crowed at nero.net
Director, NERO Network                  Phone:      541.346.1698
UO Computing Center                     FAX:        541.346.4397
1225 Kincaid
Eugene, OR 97401                        GPG Key ID: 9DEDD126

Fingerprint: 4860 7B9E D68F E95F 49CC  D074 CE8F 9483 9DED D126