Unplanned outage: LS Networks Portland Outage, 8/25/2009, 1649-TBD

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Wed Aug 26 10:00:19 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 17:45 -0700, David Crowe, Jr. wrote:
> All NERO connections to LS Networks services originating or terminating
> in Portland experienced another outage today, August 25, 2009, beginning
> at 1649.  The following sites are experiencing varying degrees of
> impact:
>
> Coastal Oregon Marine Experiment Station: complete outage
> Jefferson County School District: complete outage
> NERO Hermiston Hub: minimal outage, redundant circuit
> NERO Pendleton Hub: minimal outage, redundant circuit
> Western Oregon University: primary circuit outage, backup circuit
>                            congested
>
> We still have not received a complete report on the issues but it
> appears to be related to a failing piece of hardware.  We will be
> following up with more information as it becomes available.

LS Networks replaced the failing equipment yesterday evening.
Connectivity to affected sites stabilized around 00:30 Wednesday August
26.  While we have yet to receive an RFO, we do not expect further
disruptions.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have any questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net
phone: 541-346-6376

Regards,

--
Stephen Fromm                                    stephenf <at> nero net
Network for Education and Research in Oregon       University of Oregon