Degraded performance: Level3 Seattle to SanJose path

David Crowe, Jr. crowed at nero.net
Tue Feb 27 12:25:14 PST 2007

NERO has received many reports of packet loss and delay issues that have
been traced to a particular path inside of the Level3 network - Seattle
to San Jose.  Level3 reports that they believe they have resolved the
issue by isolating a card in one of the San Jose backbone routers.

>From our testing with reported problem sites we believe the problem has
been cleared for now.  If you are continuing to see issues please report
them to the NERO NOC at 541.346.6376 or noc at nero.net.

We will continue to monitor the issue and report any changes to Level3
for resolution.

Sincerely,

David Crowe, Jr.                        Email:      crowed at nero.net
Director, NERO Network                  Phone:      541.346.1698
UO Computing Center                     FAX:        541.346.4397
1225 Kincaid
Eugene, OR 97401                        GPG Key ID: 9DEDD126

Fingerprint: 4860 7B9E D68F E95F 49CC  D074 CE8F 9483 9DED D126