Planned Emergency Maintenance: Pittock Hub core router, 12/7/2007-12/10/2007, 0400-0600

David Crowe, Jr. crowed at nero.net
Thu Dec 6 09:28:29 PST 2007

NERO will be performing emergency maintenance in the Pittock Hub within
the next 4 days (between 12/7/2007 and 12/10/2007) during the normal
maintenance window period of 0400-0600.  We will be performing this work
to help Cisco isolate and resolve a bug we are experiencing on one of
our new core routers - ptck-core1-gw.

We expect to use the maintenance window tomorrow morning (12/7/2007) if
Cisco can produce a debug IOS image in time to capture enough
information to aid them in a fix.  However, if they cannot produce the
image in time for tomorrow, we'll skip to Saturday or Sunday.  If
possible, we hope to be able to have a fixed image ready for Monday and
will install it at that time.

All operational traffic will be moved off of ptck-core1-gw and internal
and external routing will be configured to bypass it before this work is
attempted.  This will minimize the impact to existing traffic and still
allow the capture of information needed for a fix.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact the NERO NOC at:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541.346.6376

Thanks,

David Crowe, Jr.                        Email:      crowed at nero.net
Director, NERO Network                  Phone:      541.346.1698
UO Computing Center                     FAX:        541.346.4397
1225 Kincaid
Eugene, OR 97401                        GPG Key ID: 9DEDD126

Fingerprint: 4860 7B9E D68F E95F 49CC  D074 CE8F 9483 9DED D126