Unplanned outage: Instability on Level3 connection

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Thu Nov 16 08:52:30 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 12:15 -0800, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 10:40 -0800, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> > We observed instability on our Level3 connection around 1022.  While
> > connectivity has restored, we are presently investigating and working
> > with Level3.  We will follow up with more information when available.
>
> Our Level3 connection has switched to a protected path due to a fiber
> cut.  This has resulted in a longer round-trip time for the link to
> Level3.  We are evaluating measures to reduce this by transitioning
> traffic to our other provider.

Level3's fiber repair work is still ongoing.  Consequently, NERO will
continue directing transit to our other provider.  When Level3 has
finished repairs, we will evaluate the circuit and when to normalize
traffic.  Any traffic shifts will occur in the late evening hours.

Please direct any questions or concerns to NERO NOC:

email: noc at nero.net