Unplanned outage: Instability on Level3 connection

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Wed Nov 15 12:15:09 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 10:40 -0800, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> We observed instability on our Level3 connection around 1022.  While
> connectivity has restored, we are presently investigating and working
> with Level3.  We will follow up with more information when available.

Our Level3 connection has switched to a protected path due to a fiber
cut.  This has resulted in a longer round-trip time for the link to
Level3.  We are evaluating measures to reduce this by transitioning
traffic to our other provider.

--
Stephen Fromm                         Voice     : 541.346.1712
NERO Operations & Systems Engineer    Fax       : 541.346.4397
UO Computing Center                   Email     : stephenf at nero.net
1225 Kincaid St                       GPG KeyID : A852499F
Eugene, OR 97403-1212
GPG Key Fingerprint: 3EFB 33B7 051C 16B4 03BD  85F3 32FE 7E8D A852 499F