Unplanned outage: Medford and Klamath Falls Hubs and Douglas ESD, 1/19/2006, ongoing

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Thu Jan 19 13:42:48 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 13:10 -0800, David Crowe, Jr. wrote:
> NERO is experiencing ongoing transport problems with LS Networks
> transport circuits from Eugene to the Medford and Klamath Falls Hubs and
> Douglas ESD.  we are currently tracking this closely with LS Networks.
> however we do not have an ETA for a return to stable transport.
>
> We'll send updates as we get more information.

The LS Networks transport circuits are now stable and we do not expect
any further outages.  LS Networks mistakenly created a loop in their
network while performing maintenance on a backbone circuit.  This
affected NERO's connectivity to sites in Roseburg, Medford, Ashland, and
Klamath Falls.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the NERO NOC:

      * email: noc at nero.net
      * phone: 541.346.6376

--
Stephen Fromm                         Voice     : 541.346.1712
NERO Operations & Systems Engineer    Fax       : 541.346.4397
UO Computing Center                   Email     : stephenf at nero.net
1225 Kincaid St                       GPG KeyID : A852499F
Eugene, OR 97403-1212
GPG Key Fingerprint: 3EFB 33B7 051C 16B4 03BD  85F3 32FE 7E8D A852 499F