Unplanned outage: Bend Hub

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Wed Apr 19 15:55:48 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 15:39 -0700, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> NERO experienced a loss of connectivity to our Bend Hub today around
> 14:54.  Connectivity restored around 14:59.  LS Networks is
> investigating and presently does not have an RFO.

LS Networks reports that the outage was caused by a broadcast storm on
the Quantum side of the network in Bend.  Quantum Communications is
presently investigating the source of the broadcast storm.

NERO's maintenance with LS Networks and Quantum Communications tomorrow
morning should increase the reliability of NERO's Bend Hub backbone
circuit.

Thank you for your patience.

--
Stephen Fromm                         Voice     : 541.346.1712
NERO Operations & Systems Engineer    Fax       : 541.346.4397
UO Computing Center                   Email     : stephenf at nero.net
1225 Kincaid St                       GPG KeyID : A852499F
Eugene, OR 97403-1212
GPG Key Fingerprint: 3EFB 33B7 051C 16B4 03BD  85F3 32FE 7E8D A852 499F