NERO Alert: Power problems at Bend Hub

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Tue Nov 1 13:22:22 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 09:45 -0800, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> NERO has been notified that there is currently a power problem at the
> High Desert ESD where the NERO Bend Hub is located.  The site is
> presently on UPS.  At this time, it appears a transformer blew and the
> site lost power.  The UPS will likely not be enough to outlast the
> outage and needed repairs.  This outage will affect all Bend connected
> sites.
>
> Please direct any questions or concerns to the NERO NOC:
>
>       * noc at nero.net
>       * 541.346.6376

While power was restored around 1110, the site lost power a second time
after 1200.  The second outage appears to have been similar to the first
outage.  Power was restored again at 1310.

It is presently unclear whether we should be ready for any further power
outages at this location.  We appreciate your patience in this matter.

--
Stephen Fromm                         Voice     : 541.346.1712
NERO Operations & Systems Engineer    Fax       : 541.346.4397
UO Computing Center                   Email     : stephenf at nero.net
1225 Kincaid St                       GPG KeyID : A852499F
Eugene, OR 97403-1212
GPG Key Fingerprint: 3EFB 33B7 051C 16B4 03BD  85F3 32FE 7E8D A852 499F