Emergency Maintenance Notice: Juniper router vulnerability may require emergency maintenance

David Crowe crowed at nero.net
Wed Jan 26 13:45:40 PST 2005

Juniper Networks has released a Software Vulnerability Notice for all
versions of JunOS which MAY require emergency maintenance for all of the
NERO Core routers and the appropriate Eugene, Corvallis and Pittock Hub
Customer Aggregation routers.

Public CERT release information is available at:

http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/JSHA-68ZJCQ

Little public information is available regarding the actual
vulnerability and NERO is evaluating the current upgrade paths to make
sure we aren't going to be causing other problems inadvertently.

If it becomes clear that an immediate upgrade is necessary NERO will
perform emergency maintenance tomorrow morning, 1/27/2005, between
0400-0600.  As is our normal procedure, we will stage the upgrade to
minimize impact to operational traffic.

As additional information becomes available we will pass it along as
necessary.

Sincerely,

David Crowe, Jr.                        Email:      crowed at nero.net
Director, NERO Network                  Phone:      541.346.1698
UO Computing Center                     FAX:        541.346.4397
1225 Kincaid                            Cell:       541.912.1198
Eugene, OR 97401                        GPG Key ID: 9DEDD126

Fingerprint: 4860 7B9E D68F E95F 49CC  D074 CE8F 9483 9DED D126