Planned Maintenance: Core Fiber Plant maintenance, 6/28/2004, 0400-0600

David Crowe crowed at nero.net
Tue Jun 22 08:36:38 PDT 2004

NERO will be splicing in and bringing up a new node on the Core Fiber
Plant in Corvallis on Monday, June 28, 2004, between 0400-0600.  This
maintenance work will significantly expand capacity for the Corvallis
Hub.

This maintenance activity is not expected to disrupt traffic at all.
However, since we are splicing fiber strands on the outside plant there
is a slim chance we will have a splicing problem.  In this case, all IP
traffic will reroute on the redundant paths.  All SONET and independent
Gigabit Ethernet connections will experience an outage until the splice
is repaired.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact the NERO NOC
at:

email: noc at nero.net
voice: 541.346.6376

Enjoy,

David Crowe, Jr.                        Email:      crowed at nero.net
Director, NERO Network                  Phone:      541.346.1698
UO Computing Center                     FAX:        541.346.4397
1225 Kincaid                            Cell:       541.912.1198
Eugene, OR 97401                        GPG Key ID: 9DEDD126

Fingerprint: 4860 7B9E D68F E95F 49CC  D074 CE8F 9483 9DED D126