Update on Level(3) problems on 2/23/2004

David Crowe crowed at nero.net
Tue Feb 24 10:13:55 PST 2004

Level(3) has not yet released an official statement regarding the
nationwide problems experienced yesterday afternoon.  Since this
incident was of a nationwide nature and gained significant exposure in
the national press Level(3) has indicated they want to make sure of the
facts and cause before releasing their official announcement.

Last night Level(3) indicated they had recovered from the problems as of
approximately 1800 PST.  NERO began using the connection again at 2120
PST and we have seen no indications of any problems.

Please do not hesitate to contact the NERO NOC if you do experience any
connectivity problems:

NERO NOC
Phone: 541.346.6376
email: noc at nero.net

When Level(3) releases their official statement we will pass it on.

Sincerely,

David Crowe, Jr.                        Email:   crowed at nero.net
Director, NERO Network                  Phone:   541.346.1698
UO Computing Center                     FAX:     541.346.4397
1225 Kincaid                            Cell:    541.912.1198
Eugene, OR 97401                        Pager:   888.691.7489