NERO Speed Test
The resources here are available for NERO customers to test
- Download an ISO file listed below. This will act as a
real world test of your site's bandwidth. Please note the
time it takes to download and the average download speed.
- Go to the closest NERO Perf node and run the
tool. This test requires that you have
on your workstation. After running the test, please email us
the results. This can be done by clicking on
Report Problem after the test is complete.
If that button does not work, click on More Details
and copy/paste the results in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When using NDT, please verify that your Java policy allows
copy and paste to the main clipboard. Background information
on this is available on Oracle's site.
The steps to allow this are the following.
If you are unable to start the NDT client due to Java
security warnings, please do the following (references
- Locate the Java Security Policy file, named java.policy.
On Windows, it is typically found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\security.
- Copy this to your home folder and name it .java.policy.
Note the period at the beginning.
- After the line // "standard" properties, add the
permission java.awt.AWTPermission "accessClipboard";
- Save the file and restart any open browsers.
- Open the Java Control Panel.
- Change to Security tab.
- Reduce Security Level from High to Medium.
- The above references have additional advice on
managing Java security settings.